As you are all aware on March 21st, the provincial government is lifting the mask mandate for many public indoor facilities. This will likely have many of you questioning what is Dundas Euclid Animal Hospital doing in response to the changing mandates? We have put great consideration into what our next steps will look like including conversations with our staff to maintain their safety and comfort.
Although the lifting of mandates comes as a ray of sunshine and hope that the pandemic is nearly over, we continue to be reminded as a small practice just how vulnerable we are. This past week we were faced with having to re-arrange our schedule due to positive cases amongst our staff. This is not the first time since the pandemic has begun that this has happened. Thankfully the cases have been sporadic, and we have been able to keep our doors open to service the pets most in need. Our goal has always been patient care while keeping our staff and clients safe. Because of this, we need to ensure best practices to continue keeping our doors open. As of this moment, we have made the decision to continue as we have been. If and as things change, we will continue to update you.
Below you will find our current policies
- All staff and clients will be required to wear a mask upon entering the building.
- We will offer two styles of appointments as we have been for the last two years – scheduled appointments and day admission (also referred to as drop-off appointments).
- Clients will not be permitted in the exam room for either style of appointment. You may enter the building with your pet where you will be greeted by a client service representative who will take a detailed history regarding the reason for your visit. To streamline this process, we encourage you to fill out the electronic intake forms emailed to you prior to the appointment.
- Once your pet has been admitted we will ask individuals with scheduled appointments to wait outside until the vet has examined your pet. The vet will then give you a call to discuss the exam findings and recommended treatments. Please ensure your phone is on you and be ready for their call.
- For day admission appointments we will ask for you to head home and the vet will call you at some point during the day once they have examined your pet. For these appointments, there is no guaranteed timeline, but we can assure you that your pet will be well taken care of while in our care.
- Once all agreed-upon treatments are completed you can re-enter the building for pick up and a staff member will bring your pet to you.
We acknowledge that the past two years have been incredibly difficult for all of us and even more so by not being able to see you in person. However, we stand by our COVID policies as they have continued to keep everyone safe and keep our doors open. We will continue to adapt as COVID 19 and the community does with our goal to always provide the best patient care while keeping our staff and clients safe.
We continue to appreciate your cooperation and support. If you have any questions about the above information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by phone or email.
Dundas Euclid Animal Hospital